Securing/Hardening your WHMCS installation
There are a number of steps you should take after installing WHMCS to ensure that it is secure. The WHMCS documentation and guides for these procedures are well written and we've linked to them below.
- Securing the writeable directories
- Securing the configuration.php file
- Moving the CRON directory
- Restrict the MySQL database users permissions for day-to-day use
The above points are covered in the WHMCS Further Security Steps Guide - external link opens in a new window
- Customising the Admin directory - external link opens in a new window