Installing Magento using Softaculous
Magento can be very resource-intensive and is therefore only available and supported through Softaculous on our Ruby and Business Hosting (link opens in a new window) packages.
Before you start the Magento installation please ensure you've applied a LetsEncrypt SSL certificate (or installed your own EV SSL if you have one) - so that your site will be served over HTTPS.
Using the latest supported version of PHP with at least 2048Mb of PHP memory would be recommended - you can find information on changing your PHP version and settings within our Changing your PHP version, modules, settings and functions guide.
- From within your cPanel, scroll down to the SOFTWARE section and click on Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Type Magento into the search field and press enter - you will see details for Magento - click the Install Now button.
- You'll then see the Install screen - we will work down through the section.Choose the version you want to install - this will default to the latest version (recommended) - should you wish to install a previous version you can do so by selecting it from the drop-down list.
Choose Installation URL - if you have multiple domains in your cPanel, or you'd like to choose the www/non-www variant of your domain you can drop-down the domain list and make your selection. You also have the option to install Magento into a directory.
CRON Job - Magento depends on proper cron job configuration for many important system functions, including indexing. Failure to set it up properly means Magento won’t function as expected. You can leave this option as default to set up the Magento cron job, you can find more information on setting up and managing Magento cron jobs on the external Magento cron guide - Configure and run cron (external link opens in a new window)
Admin Account - you'll find a pre-entered Administrator Username & Administrator Password - you should change these to something secure. The key icon button can be used to generate a random and secure password - it's highly recommended that you note it down and/or store it in a secure password vault.
Enter an email address (for Softaculous notifications) and a Website Title (you can change these later if needed)
- Advanced Options - unless you know what you're doing and want to either use an existing database or configure Softaculous backups this section can be left as it is.
- Click Install to start the installation.
Once the installation completes you'll see the following screen:The two links highlighted take you to:
- the client front-end of your Magento store.
- your Magento admin area login.
Next Steps: Install LiteMage - LiteSpeed Magento Caching
All our business tier servers have LiteMage - LiteSpeed Magento Caching - available for use.
We find installing LiteMage caching often gives dramatic improvements in site performance for LiteMage stores.