JetBackup - Restoring your Home Directory from a backup
We use JetBackup for our internal system backups and we share these backups with you to enable restoration of files, databases, CRON jobs, DNS Zones, Email, SSL Certificates and your full account. You can also download copies of these backup files.
If you'd like to take ad-hoc backups (which you can also restore from) we have a separate guide all about cPanel Backup and Restore.
JetBackup is accessed from within your accounts cPanel, in the Files section or directly through the JetBackup section.
Download or Restore
As well as restoring, JetBackup also allows you to download a copy of the backup files that can then be saved to your local device - click Download rather than Restore.
File backups - download or restore
- Log into cPanel.
- Under the Files section, click on JetBackup to go to the JetBackup Dashboard.
- From the dashboard, click the Home Directory icon.
- You will find a list of backups. Select the date/time that you would like to revert to and click Change File Selection.
- From this menu, you can select files/directories you'd like to restore or download. Tick the box beside the files/directories you would like to restore and once you are happy with your selection, click Select Files.
- Click Restore.
- Click Restore Selected Items.
- You can then return to the dashboard and click the Queue button to check on progress - you'll see when the restore is marked as Status Completed.
File backups - Download
Follow the steps above to select the files/directories you would like to restore.
Once you've selected the files and/or directories you require click the Download button.
and then click the Download Selected Items button
You will be taken to the Job Queue. Once you can see your download has been marked Completed, click on the Downloads option.
From the downloads menu, clicking Download will begin downloading the file. This may take some time depending on the your download speed and the size of the file.
Queued Jobs and Email notifications:
We have a separate guide that covers the Job Queue and setting up Email Notifications (Link opens in a new window).
Restore an email account
Please see our separate guide on using JetBackup to restore an email account (Link opens in a new window)
Restore a database
Please see our separate guide on using JetBackup to restore a database (Link opens in a new window)
Cron Job backups, DNS Zone backups & SSL Certificate backups
All of these elements follow the same process as for file or account restore/download. Simply select the required backup date and choose to Generate Backup for download or to Restore.