How to configure Email Routing and MX records for Google Mail
There are a number of configuration changes you'll need to make in order to use your domain with Google mail.
- Set your Mail Routing to Remote Mail ExchangerClick Email Routing in the EMAIL section of cPanel.Select the Domain you'd like to use with Google mail/GSuite from the dropdown list.
Click the Remote Mail Exchanger radio button.
Click the Change button to finish.
The following steps require that you make changes to DNS records. We have a separate article on using the cPanel DNS Zone Editor to make these changes.
- Setup Google MX Records
- Remove any existing non-Google MX records.
- You can find the required Google's MX records here (external link opens in a new window).
- Setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC to improve mail deliverability.
- Remove any existing non-Google SPF, DKIM or DMARC DNS TXT records before adding the Google entries.
- The following Google guides detail the required SPF, DKIM and DMARC entries:
Google article detailing SPF DNS entry details (external link opens in a new window)
Google article detailing DKIM DNS details (external link opens in a new window)
Google article on setting up DMARC entry (external link opens in a new window)