How to add a domain as a website Alias
Add a domain to an existing site (Alias)
There are a number of ways to add a new domain or site to your account. We have a separate guide that details the differences.
If you'd like to add a new domain - but just have it display the same content as an existing website you'll need to add it as an Alias domain.
Alias domains can have their own unique email accounts.
- Log into cPanel and navigate to the Domains Header.
- Click on the "Domains" option
- Click the Create A New Domain option within the DOMAINS section in cPanel.
- Enter your Domain name into the "Domain" option.
- Ensure you tick the "Share document root" option and click the "Submit" option to add your new addon domain!
Email and Alias Domains
Alias domains are treated separately in terms of email handling - i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org is a completely different mailbox account to email@example.com
Errors when adding an alias or addon domain
When adding a domain name which is already assigned to another Krystal cPanel account on another server, you will see this message.
When adding a domain name which is already assigned to this or another Krystal cPanel account on this server, you will see this message.
In the case above, the domain krystaldemo.co.uk cannot be added because it is already associated with another user.
You will be unable to add an Alias or Addon domain if it is already either
- A primary domain for another Krystal cPanel account
- An Alias or Addon domain on another Krystal cPanel account - even the same one you are working with.
If you need help figuring out where the domain has been duplicated, please raise a support ticket from your Krystal Client Area.